- increased resistance to heat;
- and that Bondtech black Look : )
micro form factor
enhanced filament grip.
Includes full size LGX Large Gears, maintenance windows and filament tension lever with 3 presets (open; rigid; flexible).
This extruder only supports 1.75 mm size filament.
LGX® LITE EXTRUDER
- e-steps value : 562 using 16 microsteps; 1124 using 32 microsteps.
- Drive wheels : hardened steel;
- Materials compatibility : abrasive; rigid; semi-flexible; flexible; and soft.
- Mounting holes : M3
- Mounting patterns : bottom (4 points); right (2 points), front to motor (2 points), top (1 point)
- Hole at the top of the LGX® Lite : 5 mm depth
- Holes on the side of the LGX® Lite : 5 mm depth
- Holes on the bottom of the LGX® Lite : 5 mm depth
- Max tightening torque on the extruder screws is 0.3 Nm
For Klipper users
rotation_distance = full_steps_per_rotation * microsteps / steps_per_mm
rotation_distance = 200 * 16 / 562
rotation_distance = 5.7
The above calculation assumes the following parameters:
- stepper motor is a 1.8 degrees motor hence 200 as full steps per rotation;
- microsteps are set to 16;
- e-steps value recommended for the LGX® Lite is 562.
- retraction speed : 35 mm/s
- retraction distance (bowden) : ~5 mm (0.4 + tube length[mm] x 0.015)
- retraction distance (direct drive) for rigid materials : 0.4 mm
- retraction distance (direct drive) for soft materials : 3 mm
- Max Environment operating temperature : 70°C
- Max stepper motor running temperature (using LGX Lite) : 80℃
- Recommended stepper motor Current (using LGX Lite) : 0.45 to 0.60 A
LGX® Lite net weight : 48 g
LGX® Lite with motor net weight : 141 g
- Package measurements : 80x103x73 mm
- Package weight : 85 or 185 g
CUSTOM STEPPER MOTOR FOR BONDTECH LGX LITE
How to change the Current using Vref
It is very hard to read the current being fed to stepper motors. To determine that current we rely on the Vref value. The Vref value is a voltage reference measured in VDC that can be read using a multimeter. It helps us setting the current output of the stepper motor driver.
Different 3D printer mainboards use different stepper motor drivers. Each type of stepper motor drivers has its own formula to calculate the required Vref to get a specific current. Here are some examples:
TMC stepper drivers.
The formula for these drivers is Vref = ( I * 2.5 ) / Imax
Where I is the target current value measured in A; and Imax is 1.77 on regular mode and 1.2 on SilentStepSticks mode.
The formula for these drivers is Vref = I * 8 * R
Where I is the target current value measured in A; and R is the Sense Resistor value, that depends on what board are you using. Melzis use 0.1,the Creality Silent boards use 0.15, ...
Pre-tension Lever Positions
THE LGX LEVER POSITIONS
The LGX Lite eXtruder is the second Bondtech extruder to present a pre-tension mechanism that includes an easy to use lever for users to release the tension or define it as one of 2 different settings.
Find below the illustrations and descriptions that show the available options.
When facing the LGX eXtruder push the lever all the way to the left.
Use it to load or unload filament without pressure from the drive gears.
When facing the LGX eXtruder push the lever all to the left and then 1 position to the right.
Use it to work with rigid materials.
When facing the LGX eXtruder push the lever all to the left and then 2 positions to the right.
Use it to work with semi-flexible and flexible materials.
Extruder and Stepper Motor go together
Preferably, you should always use the extruder attached to the stepper motor when you mount it on a printer.
If you need to put a plate in between the stepper motor and the extruder please notice the absolute max supported thickness is 2.6mm.
To use a plate in between the stepper motor and the extruder, you need to replace the stock rear plate of the extruder with the printer’s plate (thicknesses between 2 and 2.6mm, 2.5mm being the optimal value).
Don’t use a plate in between without removing the rear plate.
MULTIPLE MOUNT PATTERNS
The LGX® Lite features 4 mounting patterns:
- 4 holes at the bottom;
- 2 holes at the right hand side;
- 1 hole at the top plus the filament entry that may be used as anchor.
- 2 holes across, to hold the stepper motor
All except frontal mounting holes on the LGX® Lite require to place a M3 square nut inside the housing to act as reinforcement. The holes with square nuts are M3 thread and 5 mm deep (till bottom of the square nut).